5/3/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 5/3



There are times, Lord:
    when I'm keenly aware of your grace,
    when your presence is almost palpable,
    when my struggles seem small indeed
    and my trust in you is firm and secure...

And now is one of those times, Lord:
    a time of grace when all is well,
    a time of comfort with you at my side,
    a time of peace and serenity,
    a time when faith itself is enough..

And now is also one of those times, Lord:
    when my heart goes out to those in pain,
    to those who reach for your healing touch
    to those who seek and struggle to find you,
    who pray for faith to meet their needs...
 
So, this is one of those times, Lord
    when I look for words to console and comfort
    those whose days are sad and long,
    when I pray I might offer in times like this
    a share in the bounty of grace I've found...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Take, Lord, Receive by John Foley, SJ
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 


Take, Lord, receive, all my liberty,
My memory, understanding, my entire will!
 
Give me only your love and your Grace,
that's enough for me!
Your love and your grace are enough for me!
 
Take Lord, receive,
All I have and possess.
You have given all to me
Now I return it.
 
Take Lord receive, all is yours now.
Dispose of it, wholly according to your will.

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!