6/13/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 6/13


Today is the feast of Saint Anthony, a saint whose assistance many people seek when they're searching for something that's lost.   Tonight's post is prayer for when I might feel lost myself...

Sometimes, Lord, I feel lost...

As if I'm lost in the woods,
in a dense, dark forest
where I can't find my way,
can't find my own way out
and don't know where to turn...
 
And, Lord,
it gets so lonely in the woods
    where the nights are oh-so-long,
    the shadows dark and deep
    and where time seems to stall
    just before a new day dawns...
 
So I'm grateful, oh so grateful
    when you search and seek me out, Lord,
    when I hear you call my name,
and I know you've not forgotten me,
    you're always by my side...

It's the joy of being found, Lord,
and of finding once again
    a place marked with my name
        in your arms, your heart, your love...

It's the joy of being found, Lord,
    it's a clearing in the forest,
        a place that you've prepared for me,
    a green and grassy carpet
        where I can rest my bones;
    a cathedral ceiling rising high
        through lofty oaks and pines
    with shafts of sunlight piercing through
        to light my path, my way;
    it's a chapel of your healing grace,
        an oasis of your peace,
    your sanctuary bidding me,
        You're found, you're home, come in!
 
It's the joy of being found, Lord,
    of being found by you
and the joy of finding you
    in the forest of my fears... 
 
If I lose my way again, Lord,
    and I'm wandering in the woods
help me trust you're on the hunt for me
    before I know I'm lost..

When I feel I'm lost again, Lord,
    help me trust: I will be found...

When I feel alone, forgotten,
    help me trust: I will be found...

When I'm losing hope of finding you,
    help me trust that you'll find me
and in finding that you've found me
    help me find myself in you...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
Tonight's song is not a hymn, it’s from the musical  Dear Evan Hansen. It's a song about being lost - and being found.  I hear Jesus speaking to me in these lyrics I hope you’ll hear him, too…

 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 

Have you ever felt like nobody was there?
Have you ever felt forgotten in the middle of nowhere?
Have you ever felt like you could disappear?
Like you could fall, and no one would hear?
 
Well, let that lonely feeling wash away
Maybe there's a reason to believe you'll be okay
'Cause when you don't feel strong enough to stand
You can reach, reach out your hand
 
And oh, someone will coming running
And I know, they'll take you home
 
Even when the dark comes crashing through
When you need a friend to carry you
And when you're broken on the ground
You will be found
 
So let the sun come streaming in
'Cause you'll reach up and you'll rise again
Lift your head and look around
You will be found...
 
There's a place where we don't have to feel unknown
And every time that you call out
You're a little less alone
If you only say the word
From across the silence your voice is heard
 
Oh, someone will come running
to take you home

Even when the dark comes crashing through
When you need a friend to carry you
When you're broken on the ground
You will be found
So let the sun come streaming in
'Cause you'll reach up and you'll rise again
If you only look around
You will be found 
(You will be found)...
 
Out of the shadows
The morning is breaking
And all is new, all is new
It's filling up the empty
And suddenly I see that
All is new, all is new
You are not alone 
(You are not alone)...

Even when the dark comes crashin' through
When you need someone to carry you
When you're broken on the ground
You will be found!
So when the sun comes streaming in
'Cause you'll reach up and you'll rise again
If you only look around
You will be found....

 
  


SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!