6/21/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 6/21



It's the first day of summer but in the Rockies, springtime is still making its debut, offering me a double blessing of this season's beauty. For example: here's the holy water I encountered on my walk today...

It's the first day of summer, Lord,
but here in the Rockies springtime's still a-comin'!
 
Clear Creek is rushing, gushing fresh with waters
thawed from snow-capped peaks
now looking down as winter melts away...


I love the rustic wooden bridge
that spans the creek at 8th and Griffith,
my own pew:
arching holy waters,
cascading chants of praise
giving glory to your name...
 
This place is holy, 
blessed and graced by you, Lord,
by your power, peace and presence,
by your beauty burbling, gurgling,
flowing with your mercy 
in this clear creek's cleansing water
streaming through my soul...

I come here, Lord, to pray
because I always find you here:
    waiting on the bridge for me,
    waiting there to welcome me,
    to be with me and fill me
    with the waters of your peace... 

Just as Clear Creek sings your glory
so I raise my voice in praise, Lord,
for the simple ways you meet me
in the beauty of creation...

Keep my eyes and heart wide open, Lord,
wherever my path takes me
in summer, winter, fall and spring
from day to night to day...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

I Believe In Springtime by John Rutter
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
I believe in springtime: fresh and new and bright; 
I believe in morning dew and shining morning light. 
I believe in sunbeams, melting all the snow; 
And I believe when winter's done 
The streams will run and rivers flow. 
 
I believe in eagles soaring up so high; 
I believe in trees and mountains reaching to the sky. 
I believe in green things; all the gifts of earth; 
Growing up from tiny seeds that spring has brought to birth. 
I believe in summer; I believe in fall: 
But most of all I believe in God 
Who made it and blessed it all. 
 
I believe in people, living all as one; 
Sharing all their songs and laughter, happiness and fun; 
I believe in friendship: taking time to care; 
And feeling sure of someone else, 
And someone feeling glad you're there. 
Then I start to wonder how it all might be 
If the world could live together just like you and me. 
I believe in hoping; I believe in prayer; 
I believe in trying hard and learning how to share. 
I believe in dreaming; and, when dreams are through, 
Then I believe in trusting God 
To help me make dreams come true
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!