7/1/23

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 7/2

    Photo by Mark Penta

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
This morning's prayer is one I wrote 7 years ago
and it remains one of my favorites - along with
the beautiful image from the eye of Mark Penta. 
 
Help me a find a place to meet you, Lord:
    a shady place, a grove of grace,
    where you and I might meet and sit
    together in the silence, in the shade, 
    away from all the noise that fills my soul...
 
Help me find a summer refuge 
    at the shore or in the fields 
    - or up atop some mountain:
    a grotto of your presence, Lord,
    a haven where I'll find with you 
    the peace my heart desires...
 
This summer, Lord,
    help me find a place to meet you
    down the road or out of town
    or even right at home:
    a place where you and I might meet 
    and sit together in the silence, 
    in the shade, in the quiet,
    in the prayer that makes us one...

 Amen.

You needn't travel far to find a summer place to meet the Lord and spend some time with him in prayer: your back yard or local park will do; your porch, your deck or just your favorite chair, close by an open window.  Wherever you are, he's with you; wherever you travel, he's by your side; wherever you go, he'll be there to meet you, whenever you arrive...

I doubt that Leonard Bernstein envisioned this piece from West Side Story as an invitation to prayer, but I think it serves our purposes here rather nicely...

        when he comes to meet you...  

Somewhere by Leonard Bernstein    
   arranged by Robert Edgerton
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 
 
 
Somewhere...
 
There's a place for us
Somewhere a place for us
Peace and quiet and open air
Wait for us somewhere
 
There's a time for us
Someday a time for us
Time together with time to spare
Time to learn
Time to care
Someday
Somewhere
We'll find a new way of living
We'll find a way of forgiving
Somewhere... Some day... 
A time... Somewhere...
 


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!