8/2/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 8/2

 

I'm jealous, Lord,
    when I see a small child in someone's arms..

I try to remember how that felt:
    to be held so closely, carried so gently,
    rocked and lullabyed in arms more than able
    to hold the whole of me
    in comfort, warm and loving...

How is it I can't remember, Lord,
    how could I have ever forgotten
the pure intimacy of those arms holding me,
    surrounding me, supporting me, protecting me,
    hugging me close, just a heart beat's distance
    from another's beating heart...

No, I can't remember that far back, Lord,
but this I know, without a doubt:
    in the morning and the evening and all day long
        you hold me, you carry me,
        you cradle me in arms more than able
        to hold the whole of me forever,
        in comfort, warm and loving...

You still hold me and carry me, Lord,
    for I'm still your child, at 76 or 56 or 96
and anywhere I go,
I go there in your arms,
    in good times and in hard times,
    in my waking and my sleeping,
I'm still your child in arms, Lord,
    and you're still my loving God...

Hold me in your arms and protect me, Lord
    when I'm awake or fast asleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

In The Morning, In The Evening by Adam Tice/Bex Gaunt

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!


In the morning, in the evening,
God is holding you, holding you
In the daytime, in the night time
God is holding you still

Anywhere you may go
God will go with you
Anywhere you may go
You are God's child

In the mountains, in the ocean
God will carry you, carry you
In the forest, in the cities
God will carry you still

In the good times, in the hard times
God will stay with you, stay with you
In your waking, in your sleeping
God will stay with you still


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!