9/14/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 9/14


Reminder: today is the feast of the Exultation of the Cross; we began our day with the sign of Christ's Cross and we end the day in the shadow of its outstretched arms...

When I'm feeling down and out, Lord,
    help me lift high your Cross
        and sing your saving love...
 
When I'm lost in sin and failure
    help me lift high your Cross, Lord
        and sing of your sweet mercy...
 
When I don't know where to turn, Lord,
    help me lift high your Cross
        and sing your song of wisdom...
 
When my body's weak and broken,
    help me lift high your Cross, Lord
        and sing your healing grace...
 
When I'm tempted to give up, Lord,
    help me lift high your Cross
        and sing out your strength and power...
 
When I'm sunk in grief and sorrow
    help me lift high your Cross, Lord,
        and sing the joy you've promised...
 
When I'm worried, Lord, and fearful,
    help me lift high your Cross,
        and sing my faith, my trust in you...

When I'm stumbling in the darkness,
    help me lift high your Cross, Lord,
        and sing of your great glory...

When I come to each day's end, Lord,
    help me lift high your Cross
        and sing my thanks and praise...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
Please DON'T read the title of tonight's music and
dismiss it as something you've heard a hundred times!
This is a beautiful new choral arrangement with some
melodic twists and two new verses - very much worth 
your listening in prayer!
 
Lift High the Cross by George Kitchin
    arranged by Duane Funderburk

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
Lift high the cross, the love of Christ proclaim
till all the world adore his holy name.


1. Come, Christians, follow where our Savior trod,
our King victorious, Christ the Son of God.

2. Led on their way by this triumphant sign,
the hosts of God in conquering ranks combine.
 
3. Set up thy throne that earth's despair shall cease
beneath the shadows of its healing peace.
 
4. For thy blest Cross which does for all atone
Creation's praises rise before thy throne.

3. Each newborn servant of the Crucified
bears on the brow the seal of him who died.

4. O Lord, once lifted on the glorious tree,
your death has brought us life eternally.
 
5. So shall our song of triumph ever be:
praise to the Crucified for victory!
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!