9/27/23

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 9/28

 
Lord, heal my soul of selfishness:
   burn away my desire for more than I need,
   cauterize my heart, wounded by greed,
   scorch my impulse to keep for myself 
      what others so desperately lack and need...
 
With the flame of truth, in your counsel's kiln:
    burn away the dross of my pride,
    fire the choices I make today;
    heat my heart with courage bold
       to act as your Spirit empowers...
 
Set a match to my bias and prejudice, Lord,
   and melt what chills and hardens my heart
let your Spirit's sweet fire burn deep within,
   rekindling embers aglow with warmth,
branding my soul 
      with the mark of your love...

Amen.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!