10/15/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 10/15



On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Having decided to work with Isaiah 25:8 from the first reading of today's mass,  I began searching for an appropriate song selection.  When I found Bernard Sexton's God Will Wipe Away All Tears I realized that this composition itself could serve as our prayer.  

Take a few minutes in prayer to remember the people, the places, the memories and the events that burden your heart and bring you to tears... (And yes, it's ok to cry...)

The people...

The places...

The memories...

The events...

Then, with tonight's song, pray for God to begin to wipe away all your tears...

God Will Wipe Away All Tears by Bernard Sexton 

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!

God will wipe away all tears 
God will bring you home 
To the place he has prepared for you 
You shall never be alone 
Storms may gather, evening fall 
Daylight turn to shade 
And when you earthly work is done 
Do not fear, be not afraid. 
 
There’s a time for everything
A time to be born 
There’s a time to dance, to laugh 
A time to weep, a time to mourn 
Every plant that fades and dies 
Is part of the Lord’s plan 
When we die, we live anew 
In God we are reborn.              
Refrain
 
Lovely is your dwelling place 
O Lord God of hosts 
How my soul clings to you 
Close to the living God 
Like the sparrow finds a home 
The swallow finds a nest 
So I’ll find a place with God 
With him I shall be blessed. 
Refrain 
 
God will wipe away all tears 
And death shall be no more 
Alpha and Omega Beginning and the end 
Though we walk in death’s dark vale 
No evil shall we fear 
God is there, our Shepherd, Lord 
Our Comforter is here.
Refrain 
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!