10/6/23

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 10/6

 
  Like everyone else, Lord:
    I just wanna to be happy...

And like everyone else
   I know there are things I THINK
      will make me happy
   and things I WISH
      would make me happy,
   and things that PROMISE 
     to make me happy
    - but so often, so many of these things
        don't leave me feeling happy at all...

And like everyone else, Lord:
   I know the things
      that DO make me truly happy,
   and I know the PEOPLE
      who always  lift my heart and spirits,
   and I know the TIMES and PLACES
      where I spend my happiest days...

I know I find the greatest happiness
    in seeking out what's true and good;
that being truly happy
   is a gift no one can buy,
that happiness has more to do
    with having less 
 and finding then
    how much I really have...

Help me choose, Lord,
    between the ease of fleeting pleasure
and the depths 
    of heartfelt joy...

Help me let go
   what fails to make me happy
and embrace 
    what brings me peace... 

Help me choose
   what leads to deep contentment
and opens wide my heart
   to serenity and joy... 
 
Help me let go 
    my fears and worries
and lift my heart 
    to faith and trust in you...
 
Open my eyes, Lord, 
    to see what makes me happy
       and to know what never will,
    help me understand the difference
       and walk on wisdom's path...
 
And don't let me forget, Lord,
    today and every day
that I won't be truly happy
    'til I find my joy in you...

Amen.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!