11/25/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 11/25



I'm grateful, Lord!
 
This year's calendar puts a week 
between the blessings of Thanksgiving
and the lighting of the Advent wreath:
    a flame to light the way
    to joyful expectation,
    of a new year of your grace...

I'm grateful for this breathing room:
    a place within my heart and in my prayer 
        to let go last year's pain and disappointment
    and renew my hope and trust in you
        and in your coming every day
    to be born again within my soul,
        calling me to live 
            in the peace you came to bring...
 
Be with me in the week ahead
    and clear the space I need within
to wait for you, to look for you, 
    to welcome you, the Prince of Peace
whose birth we soon will celebrate
    while waiting 'til you come again,
        at last with peace, for ever...
    
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Be With Me Lord by Marty Haugen  

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 



Be with me, Lord, when I am in trouble,
     be with me, Lord, I pray!

You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord most high,
who abide in the shadow of our God,
say to the Lord,  "My refuge and fortress,
the God in whom I trust!"

Be with me, Lord...

No evil shall befall you, no pain come near,
for the angels stand close by your side
guarding you always and bearing you gently,
watching over your life.

Be with me, Lord...

Those who cling to the Lord live secure in God's love
lifted high those who trust in God's name
Call on your Lord who will never forsake you,
God will bring you salvation and joy.

Be with me, Lord... 


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!