12/17/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 12/17

On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of mass. Tonight we reflect on the joy in the second scripture for this Third Sunday of Advent...

Lord, I'm always grateful 
   for any and all of the joys I've known
but tonight I thank you especially for pockets of joy:
   those unexpected simple gifts
   that surprise and lift my spirits
   when my heart is heavy laden...
 
Pockets of joy, Lord:
   a soupcon of cheer on a cloudy day;
   a sunrise, full moon, a starry sky; 
   being known and called by my name;
   discovering I'm loved for who I am;
   the consolation of trusting that all shall be well;
   holding a sleeping newborn child; 
   music that captures me, heart and soul;
   a poem wrapping my heart in its words;
   the integrity of doing the next right thing;
   being hugged by someone I want to hug; 
   taking pride in work well done;
   the ocean, the mountains, flowers and trees;
   passing moments of sweet relief;
   forgiveness  with no strings attached; 
   spending time with friends who care; 
   a song that lifts my soul to prayer;
   eyes meeting mine with love;
   the saving gift of a second chance;
   the grace of letting go my grief;
   the warmth of sun on my bare skin;
   the freedom born of telling the truth;
   the touch of a hand on my shoulder;
   knowing I'm never alone;
   finding you, Lord, wherever I turn...
 
Pockets of joy, Lord:
gifts from you, graciously dropped
in my lap, in my heart, in my thoughts, 
in my hopes, my dreams and my prayer...
 
May a backpack of troubles
not keep me from finding
the gift of your blessings
in pockets of joy!

Protect me, Lord while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
You Are the Center of My Joy by Richard Smallwood
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 
Jesus, you're the center of my joyAll that's good and perfect comes from youYou're the heart of my contentment, hope for all I doJesus, you're the center of my joy
 
When I've lost my direction, you're the compass for my wayYou're the fire and light when nights are long and coldIn sadness, you are the laughter that shatters all my fearsWhen I'm all alone, your hand is there to hold, oh...
 
Jesus, you're the center of my joyAll that's good and perfect comes from youYou're the heart of my contentment, hope for all I doJesus, you're the center of my joy
 
You are why I find pleasure in the simple things in lifeYou're the music in the meadows and the streamsThe voices of the children, my family, and my homeYou're the source and finish of my highest dreams, oh...

Jesus, you're the center of my joyAll that's good and perfect comes from you You're the heart of my contentment, hope for all I doJesus, you are the center of my joy
Jesus, you are the center of my joyJesus, you are the center of my joy
You are everything, everythingEverything, everythingYou're my joy in my sorrowYou're my hope for tomorrowWhen I'm lonely, feel insideYou're the lifter of my headYou're my music, you're my songYou're my joy all day long
Oh, Jesus, you're the center of my joyOf my joy

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!