12/3/23

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 12/3

Image source

The church year always begins with the First Sunday of Advent,
this year on Sunday, December 3.  Each "year of grace" presents
and celebrates the mystery of Jesus, beginning with his birth at
Christmas and the season of Advent to prepare for that feast.  So,
today is the first day of the Year of Grace 2024... 
 
A new year of grace, Lord,
another year when you'll do everything you can
    to turn my head,
    catch my eye
    have my ear,
    shape my thoughts, 
    illumine my imagination,
    direct my attention,
    comfort, challenge me
    and take my hand,
    to lead and guide me
    closer to you, 
    to your Word,
    to your will
    and your love...

A year of grace...

Where will you lead me, Lord?

In what direction will you guide me,
    in this new year?

What challenges
    are you ready to see me through?

What graces will pour
    from your heart and hand to mine,
to help me face my challenges,
    and my worries, difficulties and fears...

Send your grace to help me, Lord,
    to do what I think I cannot do,
    to deal with what I'm afraid to face,
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    to love my neighbor as myself,
    to love what is good and do what is just,
    to endure what I think I won't survive
    to achieve what I think beyond is my reach...

A new year of grace...

Lord, how will your grace amaze me
    in the year ahead?

A new year of grace:
    may it be a graceful year, Lord...

May it be a year when your grace:
    lightens my burdens,
    steadies my step,
    strengthens my hope,
    enlightens my decisions,
    deepens my faith, 
    lifts my spirits,
    cleanses my soul
    and draws me closer
    to you and your heart...

Fill me with your grace, Lord,
    your wonderful, healing, saving, amazing grace
in the year just ahead,
    a new year of grace...

Amen.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!