1/20/24

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 1/21


Lord...

When someone has provoked me,
make me patient in response...

When something has distressed me,
give me strength to work it through...

When someone has annoyed me,
give me kindness and good will...

When something has gone sour,
help me face it and move on...

When someone makes me angry,
help me think before I speak...

When someone lets me down,
help me live with disappointment...

When someone's fault offends me,
help me pardon and forgive...

When politics enrage me
help me speak what's fair, what's just...

When things aren't as they should be
show me how to make real change...

And, Lord...

When I've provoked my neighbor,
make me the one to calm things down...

When I've distressed my friend,
may I be quick to heal the hurt...

When I've annoyed a colleague,
help me restore what I've disturbed...

When I spoil someone's joy,
help me sweeten what I've soured... 

When I'm envious and selfish
make me generous and grateful...

When my anger flails about
help me reign in my emotions...

When I think I'm always right
help me see the other side...

When I've betrayed another's trust,
help me repair the harm I've done...

And...

In all things be my help, Lord,
by my patience, grace and strength...

Amen.

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!