2/9/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 2/9


I'm blessed to have friends who post the fruit of their own spiritual reading, providing me with starting points for my own prayer - and our prayer together here...
Listen to your life. 
See it for the fathomless mystery it is. 
In the boredom and pain of it, 
no less than in the excitement and gladness: 
   touch, taste, smell your way 
   to the holy and hidden heart of it, 
   because in the last analysis 
   all moments are key moments, 
   and life itself is grace.
 
 O, Lord, it's so easy to see you 
    in my laughter, my joy and my gladness
but much harder to seek and to find you
    in my grief and my pain and my tears...
 
But if I fail to seek you in the whole of my life
    how can I be sure it's you I find
in its parts, its moments, in the ups and downs,
    of the fathomless mystery that's mine to plumb...
 
Help me, Lord, to touch, to taste and smell my way
    to the holy, hidden heart of your grace
in my pain and delight, in the sour and the sweet,
    in the fragrance and stench of living and dying
 
while leaping and falling in fits and starts, 
    running and crawling my way to you,
in every moment that's mine to live
    in the mystery of grace upon grace…1
   
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

1grace upon grace


It wasn't easy finding a song for tonight's prayer but I believe this gentle piece from Brian Johnson will help complete our prayer this evening...

By The Grace of God  by Brian Johnson/Bethel Music

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!