2/26/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 2/26



The response for the psalm at mass today was:
  
Thank you, Lord,
    for not dealing with me according to my sins!

You know my sins, you know all of them,
    especially the ones I try to hide 
        from others and from you, Lord,
        - and even from myself...
 
You know how I've sinned - and why                                                                                            
and though you understand my weaknesses
    you see how I offend my neighbor 
        - and myself; 
    how my greed co-opts the poor;
    how I bend the truth and break my word;
    how I fail in justice and in fairness;
    how my pride and ego keep me
        from generously serving others;
    how I often choose the short-cut,
        what's easiest for me;
    how my careless greed lays waste
        to the beauty of creation;
    and how I often put myself 
        before you, Lord, and your word,
        before the prompting of your Spirit,
        before the plight of those in need...

All this, Lord (and much more, too) - and still
    you don't deal with me according to my sins...
 
Instead, Lord, you judge me
    according to your mercy 
        and your everlasting kindness,
    according to your justice,
        always tempered by your wisdom,
    according to your promise
        to keep me safe from harm
    and according to your purpose:
        that I should be with you...
   
Thank you for this mystery, Lord
    your providence of grace
that you deal with me in mercy,
    not according to my sins...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Psalm 103: Bless the Lord My Soul
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!