2/3/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 2/3



 
Try as I might, Lord,
I can't think of one single person
    whose life is trouble-free,
    whose journey isn't burdened
        with a backpack full of problems,
        worries, cares, concerns and questions...

We're one big band of weary folks
    just trying to make our way,
struggling down the road that leads us
    home to where you dwell:
        a place of peace, a place to rest
            and lay our burdens down...
 
We're looking for your help, Lord, and praying for your shade,
    grateful for your company, your wisdom, word and will;
we're grieving many losses and we ache for consolation,
    we come to you in sorrow in our search for healing joy;
we're longing for an hour when our worry takes a break,
    when fears and doubts and questions will resolve in peace of mind;
we're regretting bad decisions but still falling to temptation
    while thirsting for your mercy and asking for your pardon;
we're walking, stumbling, running, falling, getting up again,
    hoping that around the bend we'll find the peace we seek;
we're holding on to faith, Lord, while surrendering to your grace,
    we're putting all our trust in you, our one and only hope;

That's us, Lord - all of us!
We're a band of weary travelers,
    following in your footsteps,
    seeking your compassion,
    your company and friendship,
    your protection and your shelter,
        at the end of every day...

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
    and watch over us when we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Come To Me, O Weary Traveler by Dunstan / Tate

 


Come to me, O weary traveler,
come to me with your distress,
come to me you heavy burdened,
come to me and find your rest,
come to me and find your rest.
 
Do not fear, my yoke is easy,
do not fear, my burden's light;
do not fear the path before you;
do not run from me in fright,

do not run from me in fright.

Take my yoke and leave your troubles;
take my yoke and come with me.
Take my yoke, I am beside you;
take and learn humility,
take and learn humility.

Refrain

Rest in me, O weary traveler,
rest in me and do not fear.
Rest in me, my heart is gentle,
rest and cast away your care,
rest and cast away your care.

Refrain

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!