3/18/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 3/18



Lord...

Would that I'd long to hear your word,
    with the hope for which I wait for spring...

Would that I'd serve my neighbors' needs
    near as well as I tend my own...

Would that I'd think as well of all
    as I do of my closest friends...

Would that I'd do what you ask of me
    as sure as I follow my own desires...

Would that I'd be as fair and just
    as I'd have others be with me...

Would that I'd speak when others won't
    and tell what I know to be the truth...

Would that I'd help the weak and frail
    as your strong arms reach out to me...

Would that my words and deeds were as pure
    as the love and the peace you offer me...

Would that I'd pardon others' faults
    with the mercy I ask for myself of you...

Would that I'd make the time for prayer
    that you have for me when I call your name...

Would that I'd open my heart to grace
    as wide I welcome in foolishness...

Would that I'd think of my time as gold
    to be spent with wisdom, prudence and care...

Would that I'd put all my trust in you
    and not in my worries, doubts and fears...

Would that I'd love you, my Lord, my God,
    as you love me both night and day...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Would that...  if only...

If We Only Knew  by Christpher Stevens

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!