3/3/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 3/3


 
On Sunday nights in Lent, Night Prayer will take its lead from some element of the day's liturgy.  This evening we begin with the last verses of today's gospel:
 
    While he was in Jerusalem for the feast of Passover, 
        many began to believe in his name 
            when they saw the signs he was doing.
    But Jesus would not trust himself to them because he knew them all, 
        and did not need anyone to testify about human nature.
    He himself understood it well.
 
 It's easy, Lord, for me to remember
    that you are truly divine
but it's even easier for me to forget 
    that you are truly human...
 
What a gift and a grace it is for me
    that you, my God, understand me
not just on account of your omniscience
    but because you know me from the inside-out,
that you know my experience, my human nature:
    you know it and you understand it well...
 
Help me remember, Lord, 
    that you know what it means
        to be tempted,
        to be tired and exhausted,
        to be loved,
        to be abandoned,
        to be alone,
        to love,
        to be at peace,
        to be denied,
        to wait,
        to be sad, 
        to be broken,
        to desire,
        to be hungry and thirsty,
        to be cared for, 
        to be assaulted,
        to be ridiculed,
        to need to get away from it all,
        to be betrayed,
        to be in pain,
        to go without,
        to be taken for granted,
        to endure pain,
        to be falsely accused,
        to hope,
        to mourn, to grieve,
        to be used,
        to be humiliated,
        to be lonely,
        to be misunderstood,
        to be forgotten and rejected,
        to trust,
        to be joyful,
        to pray,
        to forgive,
        to suffer and to die... 
 
Whatever feelings and experiences I bring to you in prayer,
whatever burdens I bear,
whatever cross I carry,
whatever people and situations I experience,
whatever highs and lows I pass through,
whatever pain I endure,
whatever loneliness is mine
    you have known it all, Lord,
    you know my life from the inside-out,
    you've been here, done this,
    you have known my pain 
        in your mind and in your body,
        in your heart and in your soul,
        in your being one like us, Lord,
        the Divine and the Eternal
        sharing human nature 
        that your life might be ours...
 
Remind me of our kinship, Lord
    and everything we share,
how you took on our human life
    that we might share in life divine,
        as one in peace, in love...
 
Remind me, Lord 
    and let me never forget:
        You know, you know, you know...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

He Knows  by Jeremy Camp

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
All the bitter weary waysEndless striving day by dayYou barely have the strength to prayIn the valley low
 
And how hard your fight has beenHow deep the pain withinWounds that no one else has seenHurts too much to show
 
All the doubt you're standing in betweenAnd all the weight that brings you to your knees
 
He knows  He knowsEvery hurt and every stingHe has walked the sufferingHe knows  He knowsLet your burdens come undoneLift your eyes up to the oneWho knows  He knows
 
We may faint and we may sinkFeel the pain and near the brinkBut the dark begins to shrinkWhen you find the one who knows
 
The chains of doubt that held you in betweenOne by one are starting to break free
 
Refrain
 
Every time that you feel forsakenEvery time that you feel aloneHe is near to the brokenheartedEvery tear  He knows  He knows
 
Refrain

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!