3/21/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 3/21


Spring is two days old, Lord, 
    but where I live, I'm still waiting 
        to come upon some jonquils
            some crocuses, maybe even tulips...
 
The mercury still dips towards freezing late at night 
    but the Sun's passing the celestial equator
        and the earth's orbital axial tilt 
    assure me that the Spring has come
        though it's still hidden from my eyes...
 
I do not see at once, Lord,
    all there is to see
and I cannot feel just when I want
    all I want to feel...
 
I cannot, Lord, know everything,
    - my mind is much too small
but I take in what I can each day
    and day by day, some more...
 
Often I must trust, Lord,
    what I don't yet see or feel,
        what's not yet bright and clear,
so I place my hope in you
    and how the universe ensures
        that Spring indeed has come
though I may not see or feel it,
    though I may still wait to know its warmth
        upon my cheek, upon my arm...

As I trust that Spring's begun, Lord,
    though I wait for its arrival,
help me trust your peace is with me
    while I wait to know its joy...
   
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Tonight's music was the 2022  youth theme song for the Church of Jesus Christ of the Later-Day Saints.  The video here offers a danced presentation of Trust In The Lord.  I'd suggest you first play the video and pray with the lyrics below it, and then play it again and watch the dancers interpret the piece.

Trust In the Lord  by Nik Day

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
The world is crumbling at our feetThe skies are filled with grayThe Savior's calling to His sheepAnd He will lead the way
 We know His voice;We've heard it beforeWe know the words He saysHe is the lightWe'll follow Him to the end
 
Though fires may burnAnd storms may rageWhen darkness comesWe'll find our way back homeWe will trust in the LordThough tears may fallAnd friends may leaveWe see His lightAnd that's where we will go (go)We will trust in the LordWe will trust in the Lord
 
We won't be blinded by the rain;The path we're on is clearThere may be mountains on the wayBut we choose faith, not fearHe opens our eyesFills us with peaceLifts up our weary soulsHe is the light, and we'll never beWe'll never be alone
 
Refrain
 
With all of our hearts (our hearts)We won't trust in the worldWe'll trust in the One who made us all
 
Though fires may burnAnd storms may rageWhen darkness comesWe'll find our way back homeWe will trust in the Lord (the Lord)Though tears may fallAnd friends may leaveWe see His lightAnd that's where we will go (we will go)We will trust in the LordWe will trust in the Lord
We will trust in the Lord(Trust in the Lord)(Trust in the Lord, hallelujah)

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!