3/7/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 3/7



The practice of Lent, the living of Lent, 
    the structure of Lent
        is built on three simple verbs:  


Lord,
    how did I give, pray and fast today?

Lord, 
    how freely did I give, pray and fast today?
 
Lord,
    how generously did I give, pray and fast today?
 
Lord,
    what did I give today to help those in need?
 
Lord,
    what did I pray for today? for whom did I pray today?

Lord,
    from what did I abstain today? how did I go without?
 
Lord,
    how did my fasting lead me to prayer today
        and my prayer lead me to serve the poor?

Lord,
    how will I give, pray and fast tomorrow?
 
Lord, 
    how freely will I give, pray and fast tomorrow?

Lord, 
    how generously will I give, pray and fast tomorrow?
 
Lord,
    how, tomorrow, will my fasting lead me to prayer
        and my prayer lead me to serve the poor?

Help me live this holy season, Lord, day by day,
    by giving, praying and fasting...
    
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Tonight's music is an interesting piece.  Composed by Dunsin Oyekan, its simple refrain repeats as a mantra. The recordings I found online are very long, indeed!   I have transcribed most but not all of of David Forlu's arrangement in which he interpolates his own prayerful words - but I think those who listen all the way through should have no problem following the song.
 
More Than A Song by Dunsin Oyekan,
    performed by David Forlu

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
 
 Receive this living sacrifice
 I am your worship
 accept this living sacrifice
 I am your worship 
 
 Who can stand before the Lord?
 Those with clean hands and pure heart
 so here I am God create in me a clean heart
 and renew a right Spirit within me 
 
 I want to stay where you are
 because you said seek my face
 and Lord I say your face will I seek
 so don't hide your face from me
 I will search for you O God 
 
 Here I am today to stay in your house
 and I want to stay here all my my days
 so receive this Living sacrifice
 
 I am your worship God
 just like Mary of Bethany
 pour out all my life
 pour out all fragrance at your feet
 and I say receive, receive
 
 Oh, I am your worship
 I am your sacrifice God
 I am your worship
 I am your sacrifice God
 I am your worship darling Jesus
 I am your sacrifice oh I am your worship
 I am your worship my God my joy
 
 Meet me at the altar with my Father yeah
 meet me at the altar with my Father
 oh meet me at the the altar with my Father
 find me in your presence
 meet me at the altar with my Father
 with you God, God Lover of my soul
 Lover of my soul darling Jesus
 Lover of my soul you're the Lover of my soul
 
 Receive this living sacrifice
 I am your worship
 accept this living sacrifice I am your worship
 let it be pleasing let it be pleasing unto you
 let it be pleasing let it be pleasing unto you
 
 I want to be a man of righteousness
 blamelessness, holiness, purity wholehearted love
 so tenderize my heart more and more and more
 
 Oh I am your sacrifice I am your worship
 I am your sacrifice I am your worship
 I am your sacrifice God I am your worship


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!