4/19/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 4/19



Yesterday, 
an unusual noise led me to bring my car in for service
and I learned that my brakes were in need of repair,
which work was done this morning.

On way home, the first time I hit the brakes 
I became immediately aware 
of how bad my brakes had been!
 
Now, just a tap of my foot was enough to begin 
to slow my car towards a stop
    - but what about before ?
 
I was immediately grateful for that unusual noise
that helped me discover 
    I'd been living dangerously,
    that I couldn't stop as easily, as quickly
        as I'd imagined I could
    that something I took for granted
        had been slipping beyond my control...

So I'm praying tonight, Lord, help me hear
whatever strange noises I need to hear
lest I live in danger of loosing control
    of the thoughts I think,
    the foolishness I entertain,
    the words I speak,
    the feelings I harbor,
    the deeds I do,
    the resentments I feed
   and the grudges I bear...
    
And most of all, Lord,
help me maintain the wisdom I need
to put the brakes to my unchecked speed
    when I'm losing control and in harm's way,
    unable to stop when I want to stop,
    careening down a collision course
    with danger, destruction and damage
    of all I hold dear and cherish...
 
Help me check my internal brakes, Lord:
    help me hear when my conscience rattles and scrapes,
    when my will to stop is spongy and loose,
    when I'm losing control and need your strength
        to hit the brakes when it's time to stop...

And if and when I forget all this, Lord,
    please, put your foot on my brakes for me
        and save me before it's too late...
   
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
I couldn't find any music about brake jobs - but
here's a song praying for the Lord to slow me down...

Slow Me Down  by Robbie Seay

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
 
Slow me down, O LordSlow me downHelp my heart to hear Your soundSpeak into my lifeLord speak nowSlow me down, O LordSlow me down
 
Clear my mind, O LordClear my mindBring me peace that I cannot findTake my worried thoughtsBreak my prideClear my mind, O LordClear my mind
 
Wake my soul, O LordWake my soulWith this mess I've madeMake me wholeOf this life called mine, take controlWake my soul, O LordWake my soul
 
Slow me down, O LordSlow me downHelp my heart to hear Your soundSpeak into my lifeLord speak nowSlow me down, O LordSlow me down
Slow me down, O LordSlow me down
Slow me down, O LordSlow me down 


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!