4/15/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 4/15



This morning, Lord, 
as I opened my windows,
your Spirit breezed in and filled my room:
    the soft, sweet scent of springtime
    brushing my sleepy face
    with a kiss I've long been waiting
    to rouse and stir and wake me 
    from winter's hold and  spell...

On leaving the house 
I felt your touch, warm upon my arms, 
guiding me, step by step 
to a promise kept,
a hope fulfilled, 
a dream come true:
    your faithfulness now blossoming
    on dogwood trees in flower
    with your beauty and your grace...

Then I saw Forsythia reach out 
and stretch her arms to catch the sun
- and so she did:
    her golden flowers choired
    in a chant of praise and glory,
    in harmony with you
    and with the whole of your creation...
 
For the blessing of this day's
warm embrace of my whole being,
I lift my heart in gratitude
and add my voice to nature's:
    praising you, my Lord and God,
    for the splendor of your springtime 
    and your gift of healing peace...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Tonight's music might be more appropriate for a morning Pause for Prayer post but this Night Prayer began with my morning - so here it is!

All Things Bright and Beautiful  by John Rutter

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
All things bright and beautiful,All creatures great and small,All things wise and wonderful,The Lord God made them all.
 
Each little flower that opens,Each little bird that sings,He made their glowing colours,He made their tiny wings.
 
Chorus
 
The purple-headed mountain,The river running by,The sunset and the morning,That brightens up the sky;
 
The cold wind in the winter,The pleasant summer sun,The ripe fruits in the garden,He made them every one;
 
Chorus
 
He gave us eyes to see them,And lips that we might tellHow great is God Almighty,Who has made all things well.
 
Chorus

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!