4/2/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 4/2



In addition to lilies in church, Lord:
    proud blossoms trumpeting Easter's news;
I'm grateful for the beautiful pieris:
    cascading trusses, clusters of joy,
        'round the corner from my back door...
 
                                         Photo by CP

Spring flowers are sure and easy signs
    of all the ways you rise in grace,
indoors and out, potted and planted,
    soaking in April's sunshine and showers....
 
But help see, Lord, help me discern
    all the many ways you rise anew
in my mind and heart, 
    in my thoughts and prayers,
in how you move me past my past
    and lift me up to what's ahead,
to what awaits me, 'round the corner
    just by my back door...
 
Open my eyes when you approach me,
    looking to take me by the hand
to lead me on the path to peace,
    the peace that only you can give...
 
Open my ears to hear your voice, 
    your word, your song, your gentle call
        in morning doves and evening's owls,
in breezes through my open windows,
    stirring the curtains and waking my soul
        to sing the music of your praise...

Open my heart and spring clean me
    of all that's dusty, musty and spent;
sweep away thoughts that clutter my mind
    and bring to order my hopes and my dreams;
refresh my spirits and lift me up
    from all that retrains and stifles me...

Not just in the flowers but everywhere, Lord,
    help me find you risen, healing my soul
        and raising me up to life with you...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Hymn of Promise by Natalie Sleeth  
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!



In the bulb there is a flower; in the seed, an apple tree;
In cocoons, a hidden promise: butterflies will soon be free!
In the cold and snow of winter there’s a spring that waits to be,
Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.

There’s a song in every silence, seeking word and melody;
There’s a dawn in every darkness, bringing hope to you and me.
From the past will come the future; what it holds, a mystery,
Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.

In our end is our beginning; in our time, infinity;
In our doubt there is believing; in our life, eternity,
In our death, a resurrection; at the last, a victory,
Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.



  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!