5/3/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 3/3



I just spent 8 days in silence - in the company of 34 other people also keeping silence - each of us taking time to share our stories with God - whatever our tales may be - and to learn again how the heart of each story dwells in the story of God's love for us...

So, how do you keep track, Lord, of all our stories, each one connected, entwined and mixed up
with the stories of so many others? And does all the entanglement make it easier or harder to keep all our stories straight?

Each of our lives is a novel, Lord - a collection of memories tucked and hidden, embedded and shelved in the sorrows and joys of our minds and hearts...

So, some of our stories are chapters long and others are but a few pages -  but each of us has a tale to tell with plot lines, surprises, twists and turns you've read before we write them...
 
You know the pain we hold fast to, the hurts we haven't forgiven, the joy and contentment we seek and the peace we hunger and thirst for...  
 
You know our virtues and vices; our sins, our faults and our failings, our wins, our losses and ties; you know our successes and failures, our plans, our schemes and our dreams; and you know what we search and long for - how we hope our story turns out...

You know and love our stories, Lord - with compassion you read and retell them - threading them through with your wisdom and grace, making them whole and true...

Untangle the knots in our stories, Lord, and weave them as one with yours - your very words becoming our own - 'til ours is your story of love...

Protect us, Lord while we're awake
`and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
`and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.


I Love To Tell The Story by Chris Rupp

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!




I love to tell the story
Of unseen things above
Of Jesus and his glory
Of Jesus and his love
I love to tell the story
Because I know 'tis true
It satisfies my longings
As nothing else can do
I love to tell the story 'Twill be my theme in glory
To tell the old, old story
Of Jesus and his love


I love to tell the story, 
’Tis pleasant to repeat,
What seems each time 

I tell it more wonderfully sweet;
I love to tell the story, 

for some have never heard
The message of salvation 

from God’s own holy Word.

I love to tell the story 'Twill be my theme in glory
To tell the old, old story
Of Jesus and his love

 
I love to tell the story
For those who know it best
Seem hungering and thirsting
To hear it like the rest
And when in scenes of glory
I sing the new, new song
'Twill be the old, old story
That I have loved so long
 
I love to tell the story 'Twill be my theme in glory
To tell the old, old story
Of Jesus and his love


 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!