5/6/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 5/6



Where I live, Lord, it's been a beautiful spring day:
    mostly sunny, temperatures in the 70's, 
    soft breezes wafting through my windows
    chasing winter's traces from my rooms...
 
Today, Lord, just to breathe was gift and grace,
to inhale your Spirit's presence swept the corners of my soul,
refreshing deep within me a peace that I've been longing for:
the cleansing and the waking of my hibernated heart...
 
But tonight, Lord, I want to pray 
for those who may have missed 
the simple joys and blessings 
I found this fine spring today...

I pray that this day's warmth 
might touch a heart that's lost and lonely...

I pray that this day's beauty 
fill the eyes of one who seeks you...

I pray that this day's breezes kiss
someone who waits your touch...
 
I pray your joyful Spirit comes
and heals a grieving soul...

I pray that spring's refreshing rain
might cleanse and clear a troubled mind...

I pray this spring might bring to life
    what waits to bud and bloom,
might rouse and wake the season's change
    around, within us all...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Bring Back the Springtime by Kurt Kaiser 
    arranged by John Purifoy 
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
When in the spring, the flowers are blooming bright and fair,
After the grey of winter’s gone.
Once again the lark begins his tuning,
Back in the meadows of my heart.

Lord, to my heart bring back the springtime.
Take away the cold and dark of sin.
And, Oh refill me now, sweet Holy Spirit:
May I warm and tender be again.

Lord, make me like that stream that flows so cool and clear
Down from the mountains high above;
I will tell the world the wondrous story
Of the precious stream filled with your Love.

Lord, to my heart bring back the springtime.
Take away the cold and dark of sin.
And, Oh refill me now, sweet Holy Spirit:
May I warm and tender be again.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!