5/4/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 5/4




Lord, among all the ways I wish I were more like you,
    how I'd love to have your openness,
       your willingness, your capacity
to tolerate, to work with, to live with
    all my loose ends, last minute changes
and the unexpected twist and turns
    on the road I walk in this life...

You rule, Lord,
    when it comes to staying in the moment,
        taking things in stride
            and never losing your cool...

Me? 
I get impatient when things move too slowly
    and frustrated when things move too quickly...

I get cranky and irritable when things don't go
    as I wanted, hoped for and prayed...

I get angry at... well I often get angry
    at whatever or whomever's most directly in my path...

All in all, Lord,
    I often respond, reply and react
        in pouting, peevish, petulant ways
            - failing to follow you...

In your cool, considered and compassionate manner
    you don't miss a trick, Lord:
        you see the whole picture;
        you see the visible and the invisible;
        you see the inside from the outside
            and the outside from the inside;
        you see more than the sum of the parts
            you see what is hidden and secret,
            you see the depths of our hearts...

 
Among all the ways I wish I were more like you, Lord,
oh, how I'd love to have your openness, your willingness, your capacity
to tolerate, to work with, to live with
all my loose ends, last minute changes 
and the unexpected twist and turns
on the road I walk in this life...

Help me, Lord, be more like you...

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord,
    and open the eyes of my mind and my soul
'til I can see as you see,
    understand as you understand,
        forgive as you forgive
            and love others as you love me...

Help me draw on your patient compassion, Lord,
    'til your merciful wisdom
        becomes my own...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

To Be Like You  by Hillsong

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!


 
Humble King holy One 
Friend of sinners 
God's own Son 
God in flesh among men 
You walked my road 
You understand 
 
Servant King 
Friend to me 
You saved my soul 
Washed my feet 
Here I'll bow 
Give all to You Lord 
I want To be like You 
 
Alll I want 
All I need 
More of You 
Less of me 
Take this life 
Lord it's Yours 
Have my heart 
Have it all 
 
I will walk 
In Your ways 
Love Your word 
Seek Your face 
My reward 
My sole pursuit 
To know You more 
To be like You 
 
Jesus Jesus 
All I want is to be like You
 
  


SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!