6/5/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 6/5


The LORD will be a high tower for the oppressed, 
    a high tower in times of trouble...  
         Psalm 9:9
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love this image, Lord!
You, my high tower:
    my refuge from the madness,
    my haven of relief,
    my retreat from all the foolishness,
    my stronghold and protection,
    my place of quiet respite,
    my shelter from the elements,
    my castle in the conflict,
    my vantage point above the fray,
        my eagle's eye perspective
            on the life that's mine to live...

When I wander in the woods,
    lost, afraid, alone,
then turn my head to see your tower
    rising up and high above
         my turmoil and my troubles...

When I'm vulnerable and terrified,
    exposed to what may harm me,
then call me from your tower's height
    and welcome me to safety
        in the fortress of your mercy...

When I don't know where else I might go
    remind me, deep within,
that I've a home, a lodging place
    where I'll be warmly greeted:
        "Come in and be at home!" 

When I need a different point of view
    another frame of reference,
then take me to your tower's height
    that I might see as you see
        what's behind me and before me...
 
Let me see the larger picture, Lord,
    and come to understand
that you never take your eyes off me:
    you hold me oh-so-gently
        in the palm of your warm hand...

Help me see more clearly, Lord,
    what keeps my heart from hope
so that my eyes will come  to recognize 
    the blessings, peace and joy
        you shower from your tower...
    
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Eagles' Wings  by Michael Joncas

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!