6/16/24

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 6/16

Photo by Curran Schiefelbein


What a beautiful view, Lord!
It's true: on a clear day you can see forever -
well, almost...

But I'm sometimes lost in the woods,
counting needles on the forest floor,
failing to look up 
to see your light shining up above,
shining down on me...

Just a tilt of my head
would lift my eyes
to see your beauty 
all around me...

Help me to see as you see, Lord:
give me the long view,
help me look beyond the troubles of my day
and find the hand that draws me out and up...

Chuck me under the chin
and draw my gaze to yours
'til I find in you the grace I need
to rise with purpose, strength
and hope...

Give me courage to walk
through a forest of fears, 
out of the woods,
to where your peaceful Spirit beckons me
to a clearing where, 
on a clear day, Lord,
I can truly see forever...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!