6/27/24

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 6/27

I'm posting this late on Wednesday night, listening to a heavy rainfall and enjoying its cool breezes wafting through my bedroom windows.  After today's heat and humidity - this is a Godsend!   Here's the latest version of a prayer I've been tweaking over the years since I first posted it in 2008...

Here's some background rain for your prayer!  


 
Like a hard, steady, streaming rain,
    let your healing soak me, Lord:   
        your mercy, a heavy downpour,
        your reign, a summer shower...

Soak me, drench me
- all but drown me, Lord!

Leave me dripping, 
    wet with moist anointings
        of your freely given grace,
my toes and every inch of me     
    refreshed and cleansed
        in showers strong and bracing...

Lift my face in joy, Lord,
    to refresh me with your rain
let me drink it in to slake my thirst,
    drink it in and down and deep          
until my thirst for you is quenched
    and I am bathed in glory...

Rain, rain, reign of God,
    rain down on me
        and never, ever go away...

Amen. 

Rain Down by Jaime Cortez
    performed by The Behind Walls Community 
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!