6/4/24

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 6/4


 
That's a hard question, Lord:
    What was the best day of my life so far?
 
I've had many good days in my life
    - even many great days -
but when it comes to deciding 
    what was the best day 
- well, I narrowed it down to two...

After much reflection, I've decided that
    May 19, 1973, the day I was ordained,
        was the best day of my life...
 
It certainly was the most important day,
    the day that determined and defined 
        the path my life would take;
        the people I'd meet along the way;
        the decisions and the choices I would make;
        the work that I would do;
        the people I would love;
        the reasons for my joy
            and the contours of my sorrow;
        and the way I'd spend, invest or waste
            the hours and the days, 
                the weeks, the years and decades
            of the story of searching 
                for the way into your heart...

Quite a day it was, Lord:
    the turning point deciding
        all that would be mine in life
    as well as all those things
        that never would be mine...
 
And because I'm so grateful
    for the life that I have lived
        with its sorrows and its joys,
        its ups and downs and turn arounds,
        delights and disappointments,
    because I've been so blessed,
        this most important day, May 19, '73,
            has also been the best...

But another day came second, and it came very close, 
    in replying to the question,
        What so far has been t
            he best day of my life?
 
And that day is today, Lord:
    the fourth of June 2024...'
 
'Just like May 19 some 51 years ago,
    today is the day that you've made, Lord
and I've yet to to know, to discover, to experience
    how you'll speak your word in my heart today,
    how you'll move in my life today,
    how you'll change the course of my path today,
    how you'll heal my hurt today,
    what you'll call me to do today,
    where you'll beckon me to go today,
    what persons you'll have me meet today,
    what surprise you have in store for me today,
    what challenge you have prepared for me today,
    what comfort and consolation you'll offer me today,
    how you'll use me today,
        through my thoughts, words and deeds
            to touch and heal and bless the lives of others today,
    and how you just might make of today, Lord,
        the best day of my life so far...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

1 comment:

  1. I pray every day is the best day of your life because you’re my favorite priest. You have always been honest with me and for that I care deeply for you and I always will. I hope you are well, dear priest I pray your heart is settled and comforted. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!