7/1/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 7/1



Had a great conversation with an old friend today, Lord!
We already knew we shared the same alma mater
    but discovered only today
        that our years on campus overlapped!

 
 
 
 
 
 
It was decades ago:
    my friend was a student while I was on staff
and our paths crisscrossed in a number of ways:
    the dorm we lived in, the places we ate,
    interests we shared - and friends we had in common! 

It's even a smaller world than I imagined, Lord,
  and those 6 degrees of separation?
    That's more like 3 or 4!

What joy we shared, my friend and I,
    in finding and knowing how much we shared,
        far beyond what we had imagined...

And it gave me pause, Lord,
    and made me ponder how,
        in this universe of time and space
    you and I have been connected
        physically and spiritually, intimately
            in every moment of my existence...

Wherever I have been 
    you were there with me - and before me -
        and you'll be one with me forever more...

All that I've experienced
    was known and shared with you
        before I had a single thought,
    before I met the world 
        through sight and sound, taste and touch,
            through every sweet aroma I inhaled...  

I am more connected to you, Lord,
    than to any human being
        be they parent, lover, brother, sister, 
            neighbor, friend or foe...

And oh what joy there's to be had in knowing
    my small world has room for you
and in your universe eternal
    you've saved a place for me...

Here, Lord, there are no degrees of separation:
    just the union of our spirits
        bonded in your mercy
            and joyful in your peace...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen


I Am Always With You
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
I am always with you, will never leave you,
I am present always, within your heart.
Morning after morning, my love comes dawning
I am within you, within you heart. 

I am always with you, my love will guard you
I will keep you always, within my heart.
Moment after moment, my loves surrounds you
I am within you, within your heart.
 
Through all days unending, I will be with you
I will hold you closely within my heart.
Timeless and forever, my love unfolds you,
I am within you, within your heart.


 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!