9/13/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 9/13



As the sun will rise tomorrow, Lord,
    breaking through the darkness of this night
 
I pray you'll
 
     - break through the darkness of the fear
        that keeps me from becoming      
            all you created me to be...
 
    - break through the hardness of my heart
        that I might hear you whisper
            in my prayer...

    - break through my blind and stubborn will
         and help me see your plan and purpose 
            for my life...

    - break through my anger and resentment
         to tame my bitterness, my temper and impatience...

    - break through the clouds that dim my hope
         and give me confidence 
            and faith and trust in you...

    - break through my pretense and my pride:
         help me accept and own myself 
            for who I am...

    - break through the walls that keep me in
        and through the walls I build
            to keep my neighbor out...

    - break through the fears that haunt my dreams:
         give me serenity, good rest 
            and peace of mind...

    - break through the darkness of my night, Lord,
         as your sun breaks through 
            to light the new day's path...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Break Through by  Don Moen
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
Break through, break through all my doubtsBreak through, break through all my fearsBreak through that I may worship You
 
Oh break through, break through all my painBreak through, all my guilt and my shameBreak through, like only You can do
 
You are brighter than my darkest nightStronger than my toughest fightJust one touch from You, my King, my friendAnd I'll never be the same again
 
Oh, break through, break through all my doubtsBreak through, break through all my fearsBreak through, that I may worship You, oh, God
 
Oh, break through, break through all my painBreak through, all my guilt and my shameBreak through, like only You can do
 You are brighter, you are brighter than my darkest nightStronger than my toughest fightJust one touch from You, my King, my friendAnd I'll never be the same (sing it)
 
You are brighter than (my darkest night) Stronger than my toughest fightJust one touch from You, my King, my friendAnd I'll never be the same again
 
Oh, break throughOh, God, that's our prayerWould You break through, God?
Just cry out to HimOh, God, break through, set us free, GodWould You break through?
 
Oh, God, break throughBreak through, GodYou are brighter - Sing it
 
You are brighter than my (darkest night) stronger(Stronger than my toughest fight) yes, You areJust one touch (just one touch) from You, my King, my friendAnd I'll never be (the same) You are brighter
You are brighter than my darkest night
yes, You are, oh, yes(Stronger than my toughest fight) just one touch(Just one touch) from You, my King, my friend(And I'll never be the same) You are brighter, yes, You are
You are brighter than my darkest nightStronger than my toughest fightJust one touch from You, my King, my friendAnd I'll never be the same again
 
Oh, break through all my painBreak through all my guilt and my shameBreak through like only You can do, oh, yes
Oh, break through like only You can doOh, God, break throughLike only You can doOh, yesOh, break through
 
Sunrise over Quincy Bay: photo by Bob Bowers

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!