9/6/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 9/6

At the end of yet another day, Lord,
    I find myself looking back on the past 24 hours
        and needing to catch up on so many things...

I need to catch up 
    on the time I failed to give to prayer today,
        the time I failed to find for you and me
            to sit and talk or just be quiet together...
 

I need to catch up 
    on opportunities I missed
        to serve someone in need
or to welcome someone's help,
    someone reaching out to me...

I need to catch up 
    on things I missed or let go by,
times when I was in a hurry
    or preoccupied with - me...

I need to catch up, Lord,
    on doing some self-care
in tending to my body
    in a balanced, healthy way...

I need to catch up
    with what's new out in the world,
with what's harming and what's helping 
    my neighbors 'round the globe...

I need to catch up, Lord,
    with the plan you have for me,
with the words you whisper in my heart,
    to guide me on my way...

I'm grateful, Lord,
    that when I fall so far behind,
you're always there to meet me
    in my catching up with you...
 
O Beauty, ever ancient, ever new,
    you're always by my side;
help me catch up and surrender
    to your open, loving arms...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm catching up
    and watch over me when I'm fast asleep
that awake, I might keep watch for you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 

I searched for "condiment hymns" but found nothing 
under catsup, mustard or relish!  But Roc O'Connor's
beautiful setting of Saint Augustine's prayer seems
just right for this evening's prayer...

O Beauty, Ever Ancient by Roc O'Connor

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!

 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!