9/4/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 9/4

Evening's upon us, Lord:
    time to turn another page 
        in this chapter of my life...

We all have a story, Lord,
    we all have a story to tell...
 
Part of my story is an open book
    - even casual observers can take a look...
 
But much of my tale's known only to those
    who've had a share in my tale,
who've appeared in a chapter or two
    of the book my heart's been writing...
 
I'm grateful for all who are part of my story,
    my struggles, my loves and adventures:
        the good and the bad, the happy and sad,
        the pain and the healing, 
        the mystery and plot twists, 
        my conflicts and resolutions,
    all the living turning, page by page
        through my tender, troubled, treasured times...
    
And then, of course - you, Lord!
You know my whole story: chapter and verse.
Why, you even know how my story will end
    - still a mystery, even to me...

But most of all, I'm grateful, Lord:
    that you know my whole story
        and love me nonetheless,
    that you know my sins and failings
        and always show me mercy,
    that you know my deepest secrets
        but hold and keep them safe,
    that you who read me like a book
        take sweet delight in every word
    and love my simple story
        like a New York Times best seller!
 
And greatest of all, Lord:
    you, the author of every story,
you've written, you've threaded,
    your gracious story into mine...

My story was begun in you,
    your fingerprints on every page,
and my story will conclude in you
    with an epilogue, I pray, 
        of peace that never ends...

We all have a story, Lord
    and I pray that my story and yours 
become, more and more, every day, 
    just one story, the story of our love,
        a story without end...
 
Protect me, Lord, as I lie awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
My Story by Big Daddy Weave
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!