Be my strength, Lord,
when I'm weak and tired,
when I'm listless and drowsy:
be the strength in my arms
when I'm weak and tired,
when I'm listless and drowsy:
be the strength in my arms
that keeps me true to my work;
be the strength in my will
be the strength in my will
when I want to to sleep;
be the strength in my soul
be the strength in my soul
when self-pity has got me;
be the strength in my spirit
be the strength in my spirit
when I just don't care...
Be my fortress, Lord,
when I'm besieged on every side,
when it seems I've no place left to go,
when I need a place that's safe from harm,
when I look for shelter for my heart...
Be my fortress, Lord,
when I'm besieged on every side,
when it seems I've no place left to go,
when I need a place that's safe from harm,
when I look for shelter for my heart...
Be my fortress, Lord, protecting me
from what and whom I fear;
be my fortress, Lord, a place to go
be my fortress, Lord, a place to go
when I'm not sure where home is;
be my fortress, Lord, my trusty shield
be my fortress, Lord, my trusty shield
lest harm should touch my soul;
be my fortress, Lord, and hold me close
be my fortress, Lord, and hold me close
in your strong and saving arms...
Deliver me, Lord,
Deliver me, Lord,
from my faults and sins and failings;
deliver me, Lord, from thoughts, words and deeds
from feelings and desires
that have no business being
that have no business being
in my mind, my heart, my life...
deliver me, Lord,
deliver me, Lord,
from anyone and anything
that fails to bring me closer
that fails to bring me closer
to your way, your word, your wisdom...
Deliver me, Lord,
Deliver me, Lord,
from possessions that possess me,
from all the things, the toys and stuff
that eat my time and waste my mind,
from all the things, the toys and stuff
that eat my time and waste my mind,
that drain my soul of spirit
and bring no good at all
and bring no good at all
to me or to my neighbor...
Help me know how weak I am, Lord,
Help me know how weak I am, Lord,
that I might know much I need
your strength, your help and mercy
to lift me up and hold me up
and help me to move on...
Help me know how vulnerable I am
that I might know how much I need
your shelter, shade and refuge
a haven for my healing...
Help me know how lost I am
that I might know how much I need
your light to show the way,
your word to teach me truth,
and your Spirit's grace to fill me..
I love you, Lord:
my strength,
my fortress,
my fortress,
my deliverer...
Quiet, hush and still my anxious heart
that I might know again and yet again:
you are my God,
you're by my side,
you have my back,
you are my all in all...
Amen.
I love this simple, engaging song, beautifully sung
here acappella and I hope it stays with me all day...
You Are My All In All by Dennis Jernigan
performed by Hallal Music
If the widget below does not appear, click here!
You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Taking my sin, my cross, my shame
Rising again I bless Your name
You are my all in all
Rising again I bless Your name
You are my all in all
When I fall down You pick me up
When I am dry You fill my cup
You are my all in all
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!