8/17/26

Monday Morning Offering: 8/17

Coffee in the Morning by George Mendoza



Good morning, good God!

Sometimes, Lord,
I feel little nudges, prompts and pokes
    - and I'm sure they come from you -
because they hit me when I need a push,
nudge me where I need to go
and prompt me on the things I need to do...

I offer thanks this morning, Lord
for all the ways you press upon my heart 
    and remind me of your presence 
and gently pull me free of fears 
    that keep me from your joy...
 
Grace - the word for all the ways
    you nudge me toward 
        your gifts of peace and love,
    your Spirit keeping, saving me
        from all the selfish folly
            of my doings and designs...

Does even one day pass
    that you don't stir within my soul,
dropping hints within my heart
    to move my mind to muse
    
    upon your presence all around?

Is any moment empty
    of the whisper of your wisdom
nudging me beyond myself
    to serve whom I've not served,
    to give as I've not given,
    to love as I've not thought my heart 
        could give itself away?

Poke, push, and prompt me, Lord 
    and wake me to your word;
call me to life more free
    than all I've known thus far...

Open wide my eyes and ears 
    to those whose paths cross mine,
who may not yet have felt the touch 
    of grace upon their hearts... 

Good God of Monday morning
    and of every starry night,
I pray I'll feel you nudging me
    all through the week ahead...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!