At least once a day, Lord
- and frequently more often-
I look at myself
in a mirror...
Sometimes I love what I see
but sometimes, well, I don't
when I miss,
when I fail to recognize
when I close my eyes
to your mysterious design,
the imprint of your touch
and the gentle care you took
in shaping my appearance:
how I look to the world,
to you, Lord, and myself...
Help me reverence, Lord,
help me love and respect:
the face I see in the mirror,
the face I see in the mirror,
the face you cherish,
the face you fashioned for me,
the face you fashioned for me,
the face you take delight in,
the face by which you know me
the face by which you know me
- my face -
the face you've always loved...
Help me, Lord, to look beyond,
the features I would change
and find within
the features I would change
and find within
what needs no change:
the beauty of your image,
imprinted on my soul,
the divine imago Dei
in whose likeness I'm created
through the mystery of your love...
Help me look through my own eyes, Lord,
and show me what you see:
what you treasure, what you cherish
and find worthy of your gaze...
and show me what you see:
what you treasure, what you cherish
and find worthy of your gaze...
Help me look within myself, Lord
to see what might be changed,
'til I more clearly mirror
and more faithfully reflect
the gracious light of your face
warmly shining on my own...
Amen.
The Image of God
by Craig Courtney and Susan Boersma
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
In the beginning
God shaped and formed me
I am skillfully and wonderfully made
I am the image of my Creator
In every part of me
his likeness is displayed
Life flows from life and love from loving,
gifts of the Father by nature and by grace,
a heart made glad, a soul unshaken
unbounded joy, in every breath a song of praise,
unbounded joy, in every breath a song of praise
For his own purpose
God shaped and formed me
I am his, I have a place with in his plan
I am the image of my Creator,
my past and future are secure within his hand
Life flows from life and love from loving
gifts of the Father by nature and by grace,
a heart made glad, a soul unshaken
unbounded joy, in every breath a song of praise,
unbounded joy, in every breath a song of praise
Life flows from life and love from loving,
gifts of the Father by nature and by grace,
a heart made glad, a soul unshaken
unbounded joy, in every breath a song of praise,
a song of praise


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!