Today was a gift, Lord
- a bonus day - a beautifully mild,
sunny day in September,
perfectly suited to soothe my soul,
already grieving summer's passing,
and to ready me for autumn's beauty
waiting not too far away,
just around the corner...
Today was a respite,
not the end of cares and problems,
but a needed, welcome healthy break
from all that weighs upon my shoulders
and deeper and heavier in my soul...
Fall's chill will be here soon enough
and the trees' leafy glory will have fallen
long before my heart lets go
its hold on long, warm days...
But tonight, Lord,
I give you thanks for this day's grace
and pray you'll open all my senses
to any gracious respite you might grant me
in the days and weeks and months ahead...
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...
Amen.
Come Find His Rest
A hauntingly beautiful collaboration between modern hymnwriter Erik Dewar and Dan Forrest, this anthem weaves together a newly written hymn with "I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say." Performed by the Beckenhorst Singers, conducted by Craig Courtney, with Dan Forrest, piano and Holly Wiper, vocal solo.
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!