9/21/26

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 9/21


In today's gospel, Lord,
you told us that you came 
    for the sick, not the healthy.
 May I extrapolate from that?
 
May I say you came
    for the confused, not the clearheaded, 
    for the doubtful, not the certain,
    for the sinner, not the saint,
    for backsliders, not the ever-faithful,
    for the hesitant, not the confident,
    for the weak, not the strong,
    for the lustful, not the pure,
    for the grieving, not the joyful, 
    for the frightened, not the brave,
    for pretenders, not for the genuine,
    for the the worried, not the content,
    for the anxious, not the calm,
    for the proud, not the humble,
    for the lost, not the found,
    for the hungry, not the well-fed,
    for the helpless, not the powerful,
    for the hopeless, not the heartened,
    for the empty, not the full...
 
Though you came for the sick, Lord,
    your love for the healthy is just as great,
        just as deep, just as strong and true
and I see so clearly 
    - you came for us all -
for all of us need you
    in good times and bad,
    in sin and in grace,
    in want and in plenty, 
    in sorrow and in joy... 
 
Heal me in my frailty, Lord 
    but strengthen, too, 
        all that's healthy in me
that in every time and every season
    I will be healed
        by your presence and peace... 

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
Heal Me, O Lord by Don Moen 
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
  

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!