There are times, Lord, when I get lost
somewhere in between my faith in you
and the burdens
and the burdens
that weigh heavy on my heart...
I believe in you
I believe in you
and I trust in your care for me
but I get lost, Lord,
but I get lost, Lord,
lost in my problems and fears,
praying and waiting to be rescued
praying and waiting to be rescued
and wondering why it sometimes seems
you're slow to hear my prayer...
Where might I go, Lord,
Where might I go, Lord,
what can I do
in these in-between times
while I wait for you to help me,
to come and set me free?
Be the Lord of my in-between times, Jesus,
the moments and days, the weeks and seasons
in between...
in between
here and there,
now and -when?
what's been and what will be...
here and there,
now and -when?
what's been and what will be...
in between
sorrow and joy,
hurt and healing,
fear and confidence...
sorrow and joy,
hurt and healing,
fear and confidence...
in between
worry and tranquility,
rejection and acceptance
confusion and clarity...
in between
war and peace,
oppression and freedom,
inequity and justice...
in between
grief and contentment,
shame and self-respect
anxiety and serenity...
grief and contentment,
shame and self-respect
anxiety and serenity...
in between
doubt and certainty,
loneliness and friendship,
foolishness and wisdom...
doubt and certainty,
loneliness and friendship,
foolishness and wisdom...
Come help me, Lord, come rescue me,
come steady and sustain me,
come comfort and assure me
when I'm living in between
all my troubles, stress and trials,
in my waiting, waiting, waiting...
Come grant the peace my heart desires,
the peace I long and thirst for, Lord,
the peace I pray and hope to find,
the peace that's yours to give...
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake,
watch over me while I sleep,
that awake, I keep the watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
Amen.
In the In Between
by Sandi Patty
arranged by Wayne Watson
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
I have seen glorious days
Flyiing so much higher
Higher than I ever thought I would
Soaring through the air, declaring
"Isn′t God good? Isn't He good?"
He was
And He is
And He always will be
But in the in between
Sometimes it′s hard to see
In the in between
As everyday life happens
And the fields of green
Belong to someone else
In the in between
What will be and what has been
Jesus is a faithful friend
In the in between
I've been unsure of myself
Oh but even in the dark
I know that all is well
'Cause I can see
There in the mirror looking back at me
I know that I'm not everything that I will be
He was
He is
He always will be
But in the in between
Sometimes it′s hard to see
Chorus
Grace and mercy have no season
there is no good reason
Why your better days won′t be the days ahead
'Cause in the in between
As you have some time to dream
Your faith can be restored
By the Lord of the in between
Where everyday life happens
And the fields of green
Belong to someone else
In the in between
What will be and what has been
Jesus is a faithful friend
In the in between
Jesus is a faithful friend
In the in between


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!