I received an email today that included two words that spoke volumes of grace...
Some days, Lord,
just a few words
are more than enough
to give me pause,
settle my soul,
lift my spirits
and bring me peace...
It's not every day
I hear or read
such golden words
- but I did today:
I read them with my eyes
and heard them in my heart:
"spiritual balm..."
What these two words meant to me
and the home they found,
deep in my soul,
that's all well known to you, O Lord:
you inspired and delivered them
without their sender's knowing
what grace and gift
two simple words can be...
Open my ears and my heart, O Lord,
to the many simple blessings
that simple words can bring;
help me see and hear them
when they come addressed to me...
Inspire me, Lord, to say and write
simple, healing, soothing words
for you to hand deliver
to other waiting, open hearts:
balm for a wounded spirit,
a blessing for the soul...
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...
Amen.
Speak To Me, Lord by Quincy Jones
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!