9/29/26

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 9/29

We do not live for ourselves, 
    we do not die for ourselves.  
If we live, we live for the Lord, 
    and if we die, we die for the Lord.  
So living or dying, we belong to the Lord.
Romans 14:8-9 
 
Is that true, Lord? 
 
Do I belong to you? 
 
Am I yours - dead or alive?
 
Perhaps a better question, Lord, would be:
    to whom do I belong?
    to what do I belong? 
 
To whom do I owe my allegiance?
    To whom am I loyal?
To whom do I surrender 
        this person I call me?
Who truly knows me
    and therefore truly owns me?
Who's the boss of me? 
    Who has me?
Who holds and keeps me?
Whose spirit lives within me? 
Whose hand maps my journey?  
In whose embrace
    do I live and breathe - and die?
Whose love heals me, makes me whole
    and holds me together?
 
Do I belong to you, Lord?
    Or to someone else?
    To something else?
Or do I think, do I pretend
    that in fact, I own myself? 
 
I need to think about this, Lord!
I see how my answer here says so much
    about me and how I understand myself,
    about me and how I live with others,
    about me and how I spend my time,
    about me and how I love
        and whom I love,
    about me 
        and how I live and breathe and die...
 
I've got a fairly good idea,
    of what the answer to this question is,
        or should be, or could be, or can be...
 
Do I belong to you, Lord?
Oh yes, indeed, without a doubt - I do...
 
So then, help me, Lord:
    help me live as though I'm yours...
    help me live as though 
        you hold and keep me...
    help me live as though 
        there's no one else and nothing else
with any greater hold on me 
    - than you -
on my heart, my mind, my soul, my life...
 
Open, heal and free me, Lord,
    until I fall into your arms
as one who now belongs to you
    and always and always will... 

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
I Belong To You by Hillsong 
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!