![]() |
| Image source |
What an amazing grace, Lord,
that I sit here with you
- you who dwell in the heavens -
and that you should choose to sit with me,
as friends do
and that I should speak with you
who shape the hearts of all...
You made my heart, Lord:
you knew its depths and chambers
long before my birth...
In my mother's womb
you began to shape
the heart that would be mine
'til its last beat
and my last breath...
As clay in your sculpting hands
you've never ceased to shape my heart,
molding it carefully,
to be more and more
like yours...
You've shaped my heart
to be filled with the mercy,
with the pardon and the peace
you offer me every day...
You've kneaded my heart
to make it strong
for work that's mine to do
and for the burdens I must carry...
You've mended my heart
and healed its wounds
when sin and disappointment
pierced the soul of who I am...
You've touched my heart with grace
and blessed my heart with all it needs
to face each night and day...
You shape the hearts of all, Lord
- and mine no less than any;
you've considered all my deeds,
you've considered all my deeds,
the good and bad alike,
and called my heart to faithfulness,
compassion, truth and love...
How will you shape my heart today, Lord?
How will your fingers mold my heart
for this day's peace, this day's sorrow,
this day's tears and fears and joys?
And what word, Lord,
what word will you speak to my heart today?
What word do I need to hear?
A word of truth? of insight?
What word do I need to hear?
A word of truth? of insight?
a word of comfort or of challenge?
a word of healing? a word of counsel?
a word of healing? a word of counsel?
Whatever word I need to hear, Lord:
open my heart
to the whisper of your voice
in the quiet, in my mind,
in my prayer, in my heart
and in all the world around me...
Oh, what an amazing grace Lord,
that I sit here with you,
that you should choose to sit with me
as friends do;
and that I should speak with you
who shape the hearts of all...
Amen.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!