10/4/26

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 10/4


On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Tonight our prayer is rooted in these readings, especially the second. 

Finally, brothers and sisters, think on these things:
 
Whatever is true...
    What are the truths by which I live?
        the truths which root me in my faith? 
            the truths that shape my life?
    Think on these things...
 
Whatever is honorable...
    What in my life do I respect and honor?
        who are the people I admire and esteem?
            to whom, to what am I loyal and devoted?
    Think on these things...

Whatever is just...
    What works of justice am I proud to support?
        what injustices move me to act?
            how might I be more honest, fair and just?
    Think on these things...
 
Whatever is pure...
    What's the purest thing I've ever seen?
        the purest love I've ever known?
            the purest hope I've ever had?
    Think on these things...
 
Whatever is lovely...
    Where do I find beauty in the world around me?
        who's the loveliest woman, the loveliest man 
            I've ever known?
        what do I find to be lovely in God? in prayer?
            in the arts, in science - in myself?) 
        Think on these things...
 
 Whatever is gracious...
    Who are the kind and gracious people in my life?
        what gracious things have others done for me?
            have I told God I'm grateful
                for his gracious mercy?
        Think on these things...
 
If there is any excellence
    in the lives and work and love of those around me
and if there is anything worthy of praise,
    admiration, acclaim and appreciation
         Think on these things...
     
And then the God of peace will be with  me...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

Think On These Things by Lee Dengle

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!

Whatever is true, whatever is honorable,
whatever is just, whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious,
if there's any excellence
or anything worthy of praise:
think on these things,
 think on these things

What you have heard from me,
what you have learned from me,
what you have seen in me
you, too, must do
and if you do
the God of peace will be with you

Whatever is true, whatever is honorable,
whatever is just, whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious,
if there's any excellence
or anything worthy of praise:
think on these things,
think on these things,
think on these things,
think on these things

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!