6/19/08

A bit on blogging



At the nursing home Mass yesterday, one of our ministers to the sick took a moment to tell me how much she's enjoying reading my blog. She said just about all the things a blogger loves to hear and then added that a friend with whom she walks is also a reader and they often chat about what I've posted when taking their daily constitutional.

As I approach the first anniversary of this adventure (July 18), I'm doing some reflecting on what this is all about, why I do it, why I love doing it and what kind of contribution it makes in the vast blogosphere. This morning's chat with Mrs. B was a shot in the arm. One of the best things about blogging is to run into folks you don't know to be readers and to hear their reactions.

Thinking about this later in the day I realized I'd not asked Mrs. B if she had ever commented on one of my posts. After a moment's reflection, however, I realized I didn't need to know the answer to the question. This woman (and her friend) are finding something here that they enjoy and learn from - and it adds something to their friendship: what more could I ask for? Comments are great and I love them - but they're really icing on the cake.

-ConcordPastor