3/17/09

Daily Prayer in Lent - Tuesday, Week Three


Word for the Season
Even now, says the LORD,
return to me with your whole heart...
Joel 2:12










Word for the Day

Your ways, O Lord, make known to me;
teach me your paths,
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my savior...
(see today's readings for Psalm 25)

Reflection
No heart is ever too old
to learn to follow the path of Jesus
more closely, more faithfully...

No heart is ever too learned
to discern the depths of God's truth,
especially in the Word...

No heart is ever too cold
to be warmed by the fire
of the Spirit whose counsel is wisdom...

Prayer
I return to you today, Lord,
with the school room of my heart
ready to welcome you as my teacher...

Erase from my heart
my sins and failings
and wash me clean with your mercy...

Write on my heart the name
by which you know me
and call on me, by name...

School me in your ways:
train my heart to listen for your word,
to study your truth, to learn your wisdom...

Call on me to recite your praises
and remind my heart of all the joys
for which I should be grateful...

Test my heart's strength
with the weight of your grace
and the fullness of your peace...

Examine my heart, Lord:
lift up my faithfulness
and correct my failings...

Make me your student:
a disciple in the ways of justice,
walking the path of your peace...

I trust you, Lord,
and pray you will trust me
to return to you this Lent, day by day,
with my whole heart...
Amen. 2009LentPostCollection

Image: Gwen Meharg

-ConcordPastor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!