5/26/09

We can only imagine...



The musical style here might not be my first choice but the sentiment, the truth in the lyrics is definitely right out of my creed as a Christian.

I think of 1 Corinthians 2:7-10...

We can only imagine what eye has not seen and ear has not heard...

This song came from a friend who, with many in our parish, lost a dear sister in Christ this past weekend: Gina.

Gina is a very special woman whose simplicity and dependency on others was a grace, a blessing, an epiphany of God among us.

With her family and her many friends at MinuteMan ARC, we trust with deep confidence that Gina no longer only imagines but now knows the glory of God...

But we... we can only imagine...

H/T to JMC

-ConcordPastor

7 comments:

  1. Not my musical style either - but the words and the import of this song touched my heart.

    Rest in peace Gina and prayers for those who mourn her passing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked this song - it affected me profoundly when I first heard it and continues to do so. And this recording is a good redux, almost as good as the original tracks. The vocal track is the same.

    If I find the original video I'll post it on my blog.

    Even though I didn't know Gina, it doesn't matter. She and her family are in my prayers.

    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful song- lyrics and music. God Bless Gina.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina was one of God's special angels and was loved by many. I will miss your smile and laughter Gina. God Bless You and your family. You were a blessing to all who knew you.
    Be at peace with God.
    There is a beautiful song sung by Wynonna that has the most beautiful lyrics. It's called "I can only Imagine" Try to find it and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote the blog before listening to the song posted and didn't realize it was the same song, just a different genre. I encourage you to listen to Wynonna;s version as well. It's the one I prefer. But any version is beautiful with the words conveyed.
    Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I imagine Gina has been having a lovely conversation with her Maker that might have begun with: "Now that I'm here I'd like to help You."

    Her mass this morning was very beautiful. She will be missed by all of those whose lives she touched. Gina really was a gift from God.

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosemary

    "Surrounded by your Glory what will my heart feel, will I dance for you Jesus or in Your arms of you be still?"...
    That's how I think of Gina. And her mass was beautiful, just as she was.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!