2/24/10

Have you friended Jesus on Face Book?



H/T to Philomena Ewing over at Blue Eyed Ennis for a link to an interesting presentation of the Passion of Christ -- in the style of FaceBook.

FaceBook Passion comes to us from Nate Bostian. Although it's written in the casual FB style and motif, it's definitely not a mockery of the sacred story. I could see it being used with parish groups, alongside open bibles and the scriptural account, for Lenten study.

Take a look at FaceBook Passion.

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Does Donkey's comment about Ehrman meet your "Think Before You Write" suggestions about respect?

    To me it does not appear so.

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. The page does give Eherman's view of scripture a critical poke and if the comment didn't come from the "Donkey," I might see it as offensive. But I think good-natured humor is the intent and that's the way I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I also read it as good-natured humor - and a very clever way of translating the events to modern idiom. (Not that I am recommending a Facebook edition of the Bible)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this. Gonna hafta nick it.

    And though I respect Eherman's scholarship, Donkey's comment cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!