2/25/10

Well, Lent does mean spring time!


Image source: PhotoEverywhere

It's raining today and it's dark here in Concord but I'm rejoicing -- because it's not snowing!

Not only is it not snowing, but the rain is melting the snow still left on the ground!

Now, I've lived in New England long enough to know that we've not seen the last of the white stuff but I also know that a month ago there'd have been no chance of rain today - it would have been snow.

And I know that the puddles in the streets are an early sign that nature is waking from her winter sleep and rousing herself to thoughts of spring.

And so am I!
You heavens, bless the Lord,
praise and exalt him above all forever.
All you waters above the heavens, bless the Lord,
praise and exalt him above all forever.
All you hosts of the Lord, bless the Lord;
praise and exalt him above all forever.
Sun and moon, bless the Lord;
praise and exalt him above all forever.
Stars of heaven, bless the Lord;
praise and exalt him above all forever.
Every shower and dew, bless the Lord;
praise and exalt him above all forever.
All you winds, bless the Lord;
praise and exalt him above all forever.
Fire and heat, bless the Lord;
praise and exalt him above all forever.
Cold and chill, bless the Lord;
praise and exalt him above all forever.
Dew and rain, bless the Lord;
praise and exalt him above all forever.
Frost and chill, bless the Lord;
praise and exalt him above all forever.
Ice and snow, bless the Lord;
praise and exalt him above all forever.

-Daniel 3:59-70

3 comments:

  1. The rain was coming down hard just a while ago but my husband stopped the car so we could watch 2 swans beginning to build their nest on the edge of a nearby pond. Proof there is hope for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hopes for Spring were dashed as I watched my snow plow man plow our driveway! We have gotten about a foot with another 8-10" expected tonight here in central NY. Oh well.....it will melt if temps get a little higher and the sun comes out. Meantime, I will huddle in with a cup of tea and a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was like all this rain had a very healing affect on me today-

    it was just a very good day...

    whatever the reason, I thank you God.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!