3/14/10

Keeping a Holy Lent - 23



Thus says the LORD:

If you remove from your midst oppression,

false accusation and malicious speech...
then light shall rise for you in the darkness...

-Isaiah 58

No doubt about it, Lord:
my heart too often harbors ill will
where harsh judgments dock
and angry words float freely,
riding dark waves of envy...

A harbor clouded and choked
with wrecks of grudges
and dregs drawn up from murky deeps...

A cold cove it is, craving warmth
and a sea change of grace...

Rescue me from this shipwreck, Lord!

Help me unload my heart's hold
of words and wishes stored only for hurt...

Sweeten the stale waters my soul sails
and fill me with a cargo of kindness,
such as I seek from others...

Rise like the sun over my heart's bow
and with the dawn's warmth
cleanse and heal me...

I trust you, Lord,
and pray you will sail me home
to the safe harbor of your heart,
over the waters of your grace...

Amen.


Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!